Whilst I know I’m a bit late on the #InternationalWomensDay I would like to introduce you to one of the many women in my life that have influenced me massively. This in particular woman has to be up there at the top of my list. This my Nan. Today is her birthday (as you probably guessed from the title lol.) I’m writing this post to let her know how much I love and appreciate her because every once in a while it’s nice to be reminded that you’re one #AMAZING human being. So this one’s for you Fre x
I absolutely love spending time with my Nan and Grandad. Whether it be days out to Widnes for fish and chips or nights at the pub. They really are party animals and I have many stories to tell about their ordeals. I hope that I’m exactly like my Nan and Grandad when I grow up they’re the best. Trips to Wales – most weekends, are fabulous. I’m always laughing when I’m with them, they’re just so infectious. We always go the market that’s a MUST and she buys some real good steals there. My Nan stays in the caravan usually if we’re taking trips to the beach – My Grandad is more of the adventurous one – his latest thrill has been boats. Gotta love him. She often tells of a time when he hired out bikes in Cyprus. Let’s just say it didn’t end well. Sitting in the club of a night is always funny, taking the piss out of each other is also a MUST. We’ve even got Jason up there dancing once. What I have learned is that my Nan remembers EVERYTHING no matter how drunk she gets. She can drink for England, she really can. So you’re always reminded of that embarrassing thing you did or said the night before.
Since being here in London she’s been one of the many people I’ve missed. I miss being able to ring her up and say “Hey Nan, I’m just finishing work now, can I pop round?” to which she usually replies “Oh Ey George, I’m up to my eyes in it, I’ve got loads to do today. You’ll have to go when your Mother comes” and I’ll follow with “Oh I see doesn’t matter then.” To which she usually says “Oh you can come if you want, see you in a minute.” When I arrive she’s smiling and putting the kettle on. She proceeds to tell me about the latest show she has been watching and we usually watch bits of it, getting me hooked. I must admit, she does watch the most amazing shows!! She makes the best poached eggs as well! Before we know it its time for me to go and she exclaims that she is going to bed before anyone else comes. This is why I love her. She never fails to make me smile.
Happy Birthday Nan,
All my love – George x
9 things I LOVE about you.
1. I LOVE to see you laugh & smile – it’s contagious.
2.I LOVE the way you cheer me up when you find me with a frown & always raise my spirits when life has got me down.
3. I LOVE how your home is always open to me as well as your biscuit box.
4. I LOVE how you drink your bitter in 1/2 pints because its more ‘Lady-Like.’
5. I LOVE how you’re always proud of me & strive for my success but I want you to know that it is I that should be proud of you for all you have done for us.
6. I LOVE the way you cook fantastic dinners & make superb cups of tea.
7. I LOVE you for your stories, our drunken outings, our karaoke duets & our chats about life and TV shows.
8. I LOVE how you bend over backwards, even when your energy is low, to keep your family happy.
9. I LOVE you for your patience & honesty but mostly I love you for the way that you love me & because you’re not only my Nan, you’re my best friend.